About Virtual Management Solutions
As President of Virtual Management Solutions since 1994, services include preparation of business plans; grant writing
including SBIR and USDA; feasibility studies; financial projections and analysis; operating budgets; strategic plans;
primary and secondary market research; and business process improvement studies. The firm specializes in proposals for
projects related to value-added agriculture and local food.
Linda Davis has over 30 years of multi-functional experience in business planning, financial analysis and operations management.
She has held positions at several national and international corporations including WPL Holdings, Inc., The BOC Group, Federated
Department Stores, Merrill Lynch, and the United States Shoe Corporation. Her diverse experience has ranged from new business
start-up and product launch to reorganization and downsizing.
Linda Davis has worked as a business consultant for the University of Wisconsin-Madison Small Business Development center for
20 years and manages their Entrepreneurial Training Grant program funded by the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation
(WEDC) and managed by the Wisconsin Entrepreneurs' Network (WEN). She is also an approved business plan writer for the
Wisconsin Entrepreneurs' Network Early Planning Grant.
Specific examples of completed projects, dates and results include:
- 2012 - Wrote a comprehensive business plan for Dane County and the Southern Wisconsin Food Hub, d/b/a Wisconsin Farmed.
- 2012 - Completed a Family Care business planning process improvement project for the WI Department of Health Services.
- 2011 - Completed a comprehensive feasibility study for a new individual quick frozen vegetable processing plant in Highland, WI.
- 2010 - Wrote the commercialization plan for a successful three-year, $1,041,453 Small Business Innovation Research grant (SBIR), "Parenting Your Young Child with Autism: A Web-Based Tutorial..."
- 2009 - Acted as a business planning advisor for the $5 million WIRED Initiative grant awarded by the Department of Labor to the South Central/Southwest WI GROW region which includes the 12 WI counties of Columbia, Dane, Dodge, Grant, Green, Iowa, Jefferson, Lafayette, Marquette, Richland, Rock and Sauk.
- 2006 - Wrote a successful $625,818 Economic Development Assistance grant application for WI Manufacturing Extension Partnership to increase manufacturing jobs in economically distressed areas (Green Bay, Manitowoc and Beloit).
- Since 2004 - Business planning coach for approximately 400 entrepreneurs enrolled in the Entrepreneurial Training Program (ETP) at the UW-Madison Small Business Development Center.
- Since 1994 - Successfully completed over 75 business plans for clients in a variety of industries.